This usually happens if your PC’s CPU usage is very high while you are recording.
If you are using FlashBack 5.48 or older, this can be caused by using GDI or Automatic record modes to record moving video from sites like YouTube. In this case, switching to MPEG record mode will usually improve performance:
- Click Settings
- Select Record Mode / Performance
- Enable ‘I want to record moving video or games (MPEG mode)’.
(As of FlashBack 5.49, MPEG record mode is the only record mode that is available so will always be selected)
Other things you can try:
- Close any unneeded apps that are running in the background.
- Reduce the size of area that you are recording
- Reduce the recording frame rate
- If a webcam is being recorded, reduce the resolution in the webcam settings so that the resolution is no larger than it needs to be (i.e. don’t record at 1920 x 1080 when you only want the image to occupy one corner of the screen recording)